Adam Lambert: I'm 'proud of my sexuality'

10 June 2009


By Alan DukeCNN
LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- "American Idol" runner-up Adam Lambert confirmed publicly what he assumed everyone already knew: He is gay.
Adam Lambert talks about his sexuality and his "Idol" experience in the new Rolling Stone.
"I don't think it should be a surprise for anyone to hear that I am gay," Lambert told Rolling Stone magazine.
He said he is "proud of my sexuality" and never sought to hide it during the "Idol" competition.
"I embrace it," he said. "It's just another part of me."
Still, he stayed silent when, in March, a picture of him, dressed in drag and kissing an ex-boyfriend, emerged online.
Lambert told Rolling Stone he was worried coming out would "be so sensationalized that it would overshadow what I was there to do, which was sing."
The photo was taken on one of the three or four times he's dressed in drag, Lambert said, "but 'sucking my boy's face? Yes, that I will own.' "
He took down all of the pictures on his Facebook and MySpace pages before the "Idol" season, but he forgot about another Web site profile that included the drag photo, he said.
source: cnn.com/entertainment

Posted by News Point at 5:00 AM  
0 comments

Post a Comment

Followers